GMA Field Search Information
Last updated 06/14/2018
06/14/2018 Field Update
Thank you to everyone that participated in the survey. We had about 90 responses of which nearly 60 were favorable to the new site. Given this, the board has decided to proceed with development of the new field. Here is what is happening now:
- We have agreed to spend part of our funds to do an initial clearing
- We plan to clear an access path to the planned flying area
- We plan to clear enough to judge the general area around the flying site
- We have agreed to general terms with the land owner as to how we can proceed
Here are some next steps:
- We are having another club meeting on Sunday June 24 from 3PM to 4:30PM at the Forsyth County, Fowler Park Recreation Center (same as last year)
- We will provide more information on the site and clearing progress
- We will discuss overall plans, timing and needs
- We will discuss how the club will manage through the development and potential changes afterwards
- We need funds for development!!!
- During the meeting we will be asking for everyone to help by donating to the development effort
- We will be asking for 2018 renewals to assist with development costs
- We will be reaching out to others (potential members, sponsors, etc.) to get additional donations
- Based on funds, we will continue to aggressively develop the site
- We would like to have some form of flying in 2018
- We would like to have general flying capability early 2019
We will be providing more information between now and the 24th, so stay tuned. If you have any specific questions, please respond to this email and a board member will get back to you.
We hope you all are as excited as we are to get moving on the next phase of GMA!